Monday, May 16, 2016

5.16 Herzlich Willkommen- Welcome


I am currently a University of Florida student studying for a Bachelor’s Degree in Telecommunications. I am a part of a two week study abroad trip to the wonderful city of Berlin Germany! My assignment is to look for a person to interview and find out about their life in Berlin. I am particularly focused on Black Culture in Berlin, hence the name Black in Berlin.



Every city I have lived in there has been a minority of people of African decedent, schools included. While this has never drastically hindered my education or life there are moments where people have made me feel different due to my skin. An unfortunately usual experience for most people of my color we have commonly created a subculture, where we live, in which we hope to create a welcoming, comforting atmosphere for those who look and relate to us.



Carnival of Cultures Parade
I will feature:
Pictures, quotes, and my observations on black culture in Berlin.
My personal adventure.
Subject (person to interview).

In addition, this blog will feature my general observation of ALL cultures in Berlin. It would be an incomplete and unjust representation of my focus, and this cities culture to leave out the diversity Berlin has to offer.



Hope you enjoy,



Shamarria M.


No comments:

Post a Comment